St.John’s is a mainstream setting where children come first. We aim to provide the best possible education for every child within a warm and caring ethos. We are committed to ensuring ‘quality first teaching’ to allow all our children to reach their potential. However, at times a child may require additional support beyond this practice. Children are identified as having Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) through a variety of different ways including :
- Transfer liaison with previous schools;
- If a child is performing significantly below age expected levels in either reading, writing or maths;
- Results of termly spelling and reading standardised tests;
- Concerns raised by teachers;
- Concerns raised by parents;
- Other tests may be used if considered appropriate, e.g. dyslexia screening;
- Via correspondence with external agencies.
If parents or the school believe that a child has special educational needs, criteria is referred to Hampshire’s SEND Service to determine whether a child meets the criteria to be on the school’s SEND register.
Please view our current SEND Information Report below.